Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Purtenance - 1992 - Member of Immortal Damnation

A while back I posted the Purtenance Avulsion demo, an excellent slice of masterful Finnish death metal. After the release of that demo, the band dropped the "Avulsion" from the band name and released a 7" called Crown Waits the Immortal in 1991, which I still have yet to obtain a copy of (some fucker on ebay beat me by $1 in in the last minute of the auction). And after that was released, they unleashed their magnum opus, one of my favorite pieces of Finnish death metal, Member of Immortal Damnation, in 1992. They took all the elements that made that demo so great, such as the well crafted song writing, the chunky Euro-death riffing, the perfectly placed sluggish doom sections and blood soaked production, and cranked it up a few notches.

This is an excellent death metal album. As I said, it's one of my favorites to ever come out of Finland. Enjoy.

4 comments:

nothingwheel said...

looking forward to this, thanks.

GSV JR said...

This shit rules! Thanks, man.

Anonymous said...

You should pick up the re-release.

Paul B. Schofield said...

Got it my good man.