Sunday, March 15, 2009

Mystifier - 1991 - Aleister Crowley (Demo LP)

Here is another vinyl rip of one of the LPs included in the magnificent Baphometic Goat Worship box set. This time, it is Mystifier's second demo, and last recording before the mighty Wicca, the Aleister Crowley demo. At this point, Mystifier's sound had matured since the debut demo in song writing technique as well as lyrically. However, in terms of production, the sound on this demo isn't up to par with the debut demo or the The Evil Escension Returns 7" released a year prior. But it's still early Mystifier, and you really can't go wrong with that, so it's definitely worth a listen.

Enjoy.

4 comments:

SpectreVoyage said...

This totally Cult!!! Great blog men, check out my blog and let me know what do you think...

Greetings from Mexico!!

THE DECEASED said...

Yes, this is (was) a fuckin' genious band!!! Thin sound, but one should not complain about... could be much more bad! (just take some current "Black Metal" where the sound is way below garbage... hehehe!)

DERIVADOS.COM said...

..Hi Man, I´m brasilian Metalhead, from Salvador, same city of the Mystifier, I would like to thanxs so much for the album(S) !!..excuse for my bad english !!.. if you interested for anothers albuns from Mystifier, tell me OK ??

http://derivadoscom.blogspot.com/

GSV JR said...

Ave, Leezard beens! Hail Dang Satan! Mystifier makes me want to make a change! Kill myself! The blackest of black!