Sunday, July 20, 2008

Mercyful Fate - 1982 - Mercyful Fate 12'' MLP

I don't think I have shared this yet but I am a gigantic fan the of 80's era Mercyful Fate and King Diamond, but then again so are the majority of true metal fans.

This 1982 MLP documents King's vocals in their rawest form and is really one of his finest performances (although he has not really started to utilize his falsetto capabilities yet). The music on here is raw and energetic 80's heavy metal done by the masters of the genre as a whole; Mercyful Fate. As expected the riffs are catchy, the leads are top-notch and the guitar work as a whole is just as intense as all the great Fate recordings. The bass is audible and has a powerful place in the sound and the drums are much more straight-forward then other MF albums, but still drives the music where it needs to go.

This is as metal as metal gets. Enjoy my own rip of this great MLP from my own collection.

DOWNLOAD

No comments: